Accountant Grade 4 – Sagicor
Sagicor Life Inc is seeking to identify a suitable candidate to join our Finance Department on a two and half (2½) year fixed-term contract in the capacity of Accountant, Grade 4.
Assists in the creation/application of initiatives to facilitate the implementation of IFRS 17 for the Sagicor Life Inc General Ledger and the ABC Expense Allocation Model.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in the analysis and review of departmental expense allocations in Sagicor Life in accordance with IFRS 17.
- Assists in the development of any necessary drivers and allocations to facilitate IFRS17 implementation.
- Reviews/Updates the Expense Allocation Model drivers and configurations in accordance with IFRS 17.
- Ensures all administrative expenses are allocated correctly by use of the ABC model and recorded in the GL monthly in accordance with IFRS 17.
- Assists in the preparation of the Sagicor Life annual budget especially as it relates to operating expenses, allocations and IFRS 17 requirements.
- Assists in the assessment of Sagicor Life general ledger chart of accounts in accordance with IFRS 17 requirements.
- Performs any other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- A recognized accounting designation, e.g., ACCA, CGA, CPA
- At least three (3) years post qualification experience in a supervisory or managerial capacity.
- A high proficiency in the use of various types of accounting and spreadsheet software.
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Previous experience within a financial service environment and would be an asset.
Interested and qualified persons are invited to submit their applications via the online career portal on our website by Monday, January 25, 2021.