Agriculture Production Specialist
Our Client, a well-established agri-business involved in both traditional and modern agricultural techniques, is looking for an enthusiastic and innovative individual to fill the post of AGRICULTURE PRODUCTION SPECIALIST.
The Agriculture Production Specialist will:
- Have responsibility for researching, implementing and supervising modern and traditional agricultural techniques.
- Work closely with farm management on agro-production including oversight of livestock.
- Assist in planning and tracking planting schedules, assessing yields and production costs and reporting weekly.
- Develop projections of all produce.
- Coordinate delivery of produce timely to maximise revenue.
- Seek resolution to issues timely to minimise delays/crop damage.
- Procure and manage production related inventory.
Qualification and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture or related science with at last two years’ experience in agriculture or an Associate Degree in Agriculture or related science and four years’ experience in agriculture.
- Experience with disease control and nutrition of livestock would be an asset.
- Knowledge of agricultural techniques, products and technological advancements to acquire maximum crop yield, revenue and effective use of resources.
- Experience in agro-production, with knowledge of local trends, best practices and guidelines.
- Experience with HACCP systems would be an asset.
- Ability to lead, develop and implement innovative agricultural strategies.
- Ability to perform research and keep abreast of agricultural development.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
- Sound analytical and numeric skills.
- Sound organisational skills and detail-oriented.
- Computer literacy with intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Light good’s licence.
All suitably qualified candidates interested in this exciting opportunity, should submit their Curriculum Vitae with full details of their experience, achievements and qualifications together with two professional references to https://caribbeancatalyst.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0uq4e?source= not later than February 1, 2021.